This two day course prepares participants to establish and sustain an active local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program. This course defines the core components of a local CERT Program and focuses on effective practices for:
- Planning and interacting with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Managing program resources.
- Sustaining the program.
Main Topics Covered in this Course Include:
- Developing local CERT program goals and a related strategic plan
- Promoting local CERT programs
- Orienting, managing and retaining CERT members
- Recruiting, funding, managing, and retaining CERT trainers
- Acquiring and managing program resources
- Delivering and managing effective training and exercises
- Developing policies and procedures for operating a local CERT program
- Evaluating and sustaining the program
Fri. Nov 17, 2017 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Sat. Nov 18, 2017 8:30AM - 5:00PM
- A referral from a CERT sponsoring agency. - CERT Basic Training course (G-317) or Introduction to CERT (IS-317) It is recommended that participants complete the following course: - CERT Train the Trainer (G-428)
Emergency Management Directors and newly appointed CERT Program Managers
Emergency Management professionals and volunteers who are designated to be or are interested in being appointed a local CERT Program Manager, or for those already in a CERT Program Manager position.