This three day course prepares participants to deliver FEMA’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Basic Training course. The Train-the-Trainer course focuses on preparing instructors to:
- Deliver CERT Basic Training.
- Convey the messages and intent of the CERT Program (e.g., safety, teamwork, and place in overall community Emergency Operations Plan).
- Assure that participants achieve the objectives of CERT Basic Training.
- Create a comfortable yet managed learning environment.
Main Topics Covered in this Course Include:
- CERT history, program purpose, and values.
- Materials and requirements for the CERT Basic Training course.
- Roles of the CERT instructor.
- Effective presentation of CERT Basic Training content.
- Effective coaching and demonstration of skills in the classroom.
This course prepares participants to deliver FEMA’s G317 CERT Basic Training course only.
Date(s) and Times
Fri. Sep 29, 2017 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Sat. Sep 30, 2017 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Sun. Oct 01, 2017 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Course length: 3 Days
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
CERT Basic Training Course (G-317) or Introduction to CERT (IS-317)
Current and prospective CERT Instructors. CERT Program Managers